Sunday, June 2, 2013

Perspective Drawing of Initials


To creating this perspective drawing of my initials I used a two-point perspective of my initials. In My composition for each letter I drew a straight horizontal line and drew the vanishing points. I made a vertical line below the horizontal line but also leaving space between both lines. Then I connected the vertical line with the horizontal line making it look like a triangle. After that I drew two more vertical lines, one on each side of the original vertical line and then I connected those new lines with the horizontal lines making a box inside of the triangle. Next I erased all the guidelines that created the triangle shape leaving me with the box shape. Then I transformed the boxes to make them look like box shaped letters of my initials. For the background I decided to stick with the basic pattern that I like so I made diagonal lines and colored them in. I chose a minty green that I thought looked good with the background colors and wouldn't fade into the background colors. I also used black to color in the parts of the letter where the green would be darker which also created value within my initials.

No comments:

Post a Comment