Sunday, June 2, 2013

Ceramics Project

Description of the project: Borderline is made of waves and the inside is designed with the letter "S" which stands for my name.
Medium: White Clay
Size: length 9", width 7 1/2", height 4"



Before
The design element that was stressed during the construction of my project was form. The technique that had been used was slab and slump mold. The inspiration for the form that I had decided to work with was the letter "S" which I had chosen because I wanted my name to be somehow incorporated so I decided to use the first letter in my name. My form serves a function in a way where I keep it on my desk and I put my bobby pins and hairbands and my Ipod in there. I could even put popcorn in there and eat while watching a movie or TV if I wanted to! If I had the option to do the project all over again and start from scratch I would love to and this time I'd change the change the shape of the bowl and keep the "S" but also use Islamic designs to surround the "S". Reason being I would use Islamic designs is to bring my culture into my artwork. If anything I can take away from this ceramic project is that I learned as an artist you need to have patience because the project takes a while to do and there are a lot of tools involved in creating this ceramic bowl.

After



No comments:

Post a Comment