Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pastel Still Life Project


The composition I set up in a way where the viewer could see all the candies spilled out on the table. I had drawn five different positions in my sketchbook such as horizontal and vertical points of view. Thumbnail sketch is a quick drawing or an image of what you plan to draw or paint. Thumbnail sketch shows you all the negative and positive space in your sketches. Viewfinder was a very useful tool because it showed me all sorts of possible views and options that I could select from. The key that I learned in class that I was able to showcase in my pastel drawing was that to make an object(s) dimensional you must use values of lightness and darkness and to put in shadows of the object(s). To create the light source our class was provided lamps that shined down on our tables. Therefore, thus created the light source for my pastel and I was able to use the light source as a component that helped me make values and shadows in my objects.


Thumbnail Sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment