Sunday, June 2, 2013

Escher Inspired Perspective Drawing


This entire perspective drawing was inspired by the artist, M. C. Escher. One thing you notice about Escher drawing are his symmetry, how objects reflect off of each other or just how some things are flipped around.Composition was a quick sketch in my sketchbook of how I was picturing the drawing in my head.  To creating this two-dimensional I drew a straight horizontal line. Next I had marked two dots at the end of the horizon line and these are known as the vanishing points. Then I drew a vertical line below the horizontal line and connected the vertical line with the horizontal line. After that I drew two more vertical lines, one on each side of the first drawn vertical line and then I connected those lines with the horizontal lines. Once I had erased the guide lines it created my boxes for the building. I decided to draw the two-dimensional building floating on a cloud. If you notice its raining under the umbrella and one thing I took from Escher is that I flipped the raindrops on one side where the rain drops are pointing down. There were changes of value in the drawing as you can see in the umbrella. If you notice in the cloud the edges are dark but as you get closer to the building it gets lighter.



Sketch in notebook



No comments:

Post a Comment