Sunday, June 2, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

The composition that I used was images from geographical magazines and images on Google that I had printed out.Therefore, I was able to use those images and write down key notes about what aspects and details from each of those images that I could use for my acrylic painting. The way I organized my painting was by using those key notes that I had wrote down about each picture and then drawing out a quick sketch of how I planned on putting everything together. Atmospheric perspective is where the effect of the atmosphere (background color) has on the appearance of the object(s) as it is viewed from the distance. I gradually shaded in the colors of the objects closer to the horizon thus creating an atmospheric perspective. Creating the light source I had to have an idea of where the light was coming from and so because of that I decided the light source would be coming from the left hand side. For my color scheme I decided to go with Analogous and stick with the blues. The brushes I used were Nicole Acrylic Brushes; sizes: 3/4", 5/8", 1/2", 2", 4", 8". Types of brush strokes used: Smooth strokes- horizontal and vertical strokes I used for the solid surfaces such as the background and used with a round brush. Parallel strokes- stroking upwards with the tip of the brush, using quick wrist flicks. Used with a flat brush that is portrayed in the two trees. Key to creating value is by using tint and shaded colors. To create tint add white to the color and to create shades add black to the color.
Images I was inspired by to create my beautiful painting.



Quick Sketch of how I was imagining my painting to be
Color Schemes

No comments:

Post a Comment